An individual School website is a very powerful tool for communication and marketing, and is often taken for granted, yet does your School website meet the following criteria?
• How does the front page reflect the Schools’ ethos and values?
• Is there a welcoming letter from the Head Teacher (with photo!)
• Is the site simple to navigate?
• Is the information within the site all up to date?
• Does the site celebrate the Schools’ successes?
• Are contact details complete with email and telephone details? Is there a map of where the School is and is it easily readable with directions?
• Are staff and governors listed by name? If not, why not?
• Where are results listed within the website and is there a simple explanation alongside.
• How interactive is your website and is it connected to your learning platform?
• Is there an opportunity for people to feed back their thoughts on your website?
• Finally, have you tested your website as a user?
We will be interested in hearing your comments. Websites are notoriously expensive to maintain, but are very powerful marketing tools. It is important that they engage with all the Schools stakeholders.